BCD Tofu House in Korea Town NYC, New York | I just want 2 eat

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

BCD Tofu House in Korea Town NYC, New York

image of BCD Tofu House in Korea Town NYC, New York
If you follow this blog, you may remember this wonderful moment I had at BCD Tofu House for their Grand Opening back in April (check out the post here!). I had the honor and privilege to be part of the ribbon cutting ceremony, standing next to the President and Founder of BCD Tofu House, Mrs Hee Sook Lee! 
image of BCD Tofu House in Korea Town NYC, New York
Courtesy of AD Group Communique

So we decided to go back as regular customers. We went on a Saturday, for an early dinner and showed up there around 6:15pm. Believe me or not, but the place was packed! We waited 10 minutes and got our table, excited to try their food.
image of learn Korean at BCD Tofu House in Korea Town NYC, New York

While looking at the menu, we noticed the table sets that had some sentences in Korean translated in English and with some help for the pronunciation. Reading it, I clearly realized that the couple of words I know in Korean might not be pronounced properly! Hopefully, I never offended anybody!!!

After we ordered, they brought to us some side dishes, called banchan, ritual that is typical of a Korean restaurant.
image of banchan at BCD Tofu House in Korea Town NYC, New York

As we were looking, trying to figure out what was what, they gracefully explained each dish, although I admit that I do not remember the details for all of them.

Kimchi (fermented cabbage):
image of kimchi at BCD Tofu House in Korea Town NYC, New York

Squid:
image of squid at BCD Tofu House in Korea Town NYC, New York

Fried fish (first time ever I get that)!
image of fried fish at BCD Tofu House in Korea Town NYC, New York

Fish cakes:
image of fish cakes at BCD Tofu House in Korea Town NYC, New York

Soy:
image of soy at BCD Tofu House in Korea Town NYC, New York

Seaweed (I do not like like it, but Jodi does):
image of seaweed at BCD Tofu House in Korea Town NYC, New York

Some dish made with veggies and gelatin:
image of veggie gelatin at BCD Tofu House in Korea Town NYC, New York

The best for me was the kimchi (quite spicy) and the squid. 

As an appetizer, we ordered fried pork dumplings:
Image of pork dumplings at BCD Tofu House in Korea Town NYC, New York

They were very good and the shell was crispy, but extremely hot! 

Then, this time, we wanted to try their bibimbap. Bibimbap is a rice bowl dish served in a piping hot bowl, so the rice gets this fantastic crust if you let it sit for some time!
image of bibimbap rice bowl at BCD Tofu House in Korea Town NYC, New York

Jodi ordered a vegetarian one, served with Tofu and a raw egg that cooked after being mixed in the bowl.
image of bibimbap rice bowl at BCD Tofu House in Korea Town NYC, New York

I ordered the regular one, with bulgogi beef. I asked or an egg and got a fried one:
image of bibimbap rice bowl at BCD Tofu House in Korea Town NYC, New York

Mine had tofu also and in term of ingredients, they were very close: mixed rice with vegetables, sauteed spinach, shitake mushrooms, carrot, zucchini, radish, served a red pepper paste that was not spicy. We also added some soy sauce to give some flavor. This was good, but it might not be the best bibimbap I ever had. In fact, when leaving, we noticed that most of the customers ordered the Soon Tofu Soup that we tried last time and that I really liked. So maybe we should have stuck with it! Well, I am sure I will go back anyway!!!

Enjoy (I did)!

BCD Tofu House on Urbanspoon

If you like this post or the photos, feel free to share it using the toolbar below or to write a comment! 

And Remember: I Just Want To Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment