Restaurant review - La Silhouette (NYC) | I just want 2 eat

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Restaurant review - La Silhouette (NYC)

Image of Food at La Silhouette in NYC, New York


La Silhouette is a French-American restaurant located on 53rd street between 8th and 9th avenue. The location is clearly not perfect as there is not that much passage, explaining the low number of people during lunch time. The way the restaurant is organized is interesting: succession of rooms before entering into the main room that is quite bright. The decor is modern and quite simple.

The restaurant offers different menus from brunch to dinner with prix-fixe for lunch and dinner. I have tried the lunch prix-fixe ($21 - pick 2 between appetizer, main course and dessert) and it was good: for appetizer, I chose the slow cooked leek salad with duck prosciutto, grilled red onion dressing and aged Manchego cheese (photo on the right). Although the portion was small compared to other appetizers, it was delicious. The cheese and duck paired very well together!
For the main course, I had the hanger steak a la plancha with marrow and porcini crust, served with béarnaise sauce (left photo). I usually do not order meat if the restaurant is not a steak house and hanger steak is not my favorite piece of meat, but I have to say that it was good! The béarnaise sauce was well done, not too liquid like some restaurants do it.

Although I would recommend this restaurant, I have to mention that the service was slow (maybe because they were short staffed for lunch) and the waiter did not do a great job. Also, I was surprised that they did not have any special lunch for Bastille day!!! It is anyway worth trying it and if you look at the different menus they propose, I am sure you will find the dishes appetizing!

Enjoy (I do)! 

La Silhouette on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment