Bareburger in New York, NY | I just want 2 eat

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Bareburger in New York, NY

image of Bareburger in New York, NY

As my cousin Sandrine was in New York, she could not leave without having a burger. This time, we proposed to go to Bareburger, at their location in Hell's Kitchen. I heard a lot about this place that serves organic meat, but never went before, so you can imagine my excitement. 
image of dining room at Bareburger in New York, NY

I was surprised to see that it was full table service, more used to the fast casual restaurants, where you order at the counter, get a number assigned to you and, they either yell that number when your order is ready or bring it to your table. No, at Bareburger, you can sit and relax. 
image of bear at Bareburger in New York, NY

Decor wise, there is a play on words between bare and bear that translates not only on the walls, but also on their packaging. 
image of bear at Bareburger in New York, NY

Menu wise, they have a large choice of dishes, whether appetizers, entrées or desserts. If you do not want a burger, they have a large choice of salads for instance. And, if you are vegetarian, they have a black bean patty or, again, salads. 
image of big knife at Bareburger in New York, NY

For burgers, you can either order one of their specialty ones or built your own. We went for the latter. 

To build your own, you pick the bun, the patty, the "bacon", the cheese, the toppings and the sauce. So, I had a beef patty on a brioche bread, with grilled onions, sautéed mushrooms, brisket as my "bacon", sharp cheddar cheese, ketchup and mayo. 
image of build your own burger at Bareburger in New York, NY


When it came to the table, it looked very appetizing. I always cut my burger into two so it is easier to grab and I immediately saw that the meat was perfectly cooked medium and juicy. The first bite was divine: the meat tasted like...meat, and had a delicious char created from the cooking process. The brisket, however, was just ok, a bit dry.
image of build your own burger at Bareburger in New York, NY

The brioche bread was also perfect: soft and not dry, that is important as you first bite on it.

Jodi ordered the black bean patty, multi grain roll, baby spinach, sautéed mushrooms and cheddar.
image of build your own burger at Bareburger in New York, NY

I tried it and it was decent (I prefer beef patties...).

Ok, I admit that I forgot what Sandrine had, focussing mainly on my dish....But it looked like this:
image of build your own burger at Bareburger in New York, NY

With our burgers, we got the onion ring and fries combo:
image of onion rings and fries at Bareburger in New York, NY

They were just ok and not as good as the parmesan panko crusted zucchini sticks:
image of parmesan and panko crust zucchini sticks at Bareburger in New York, NY

This was a good meal and I love the build-your-own concept. Another great burger place to add to my list!

Enjoy (I did)!

Bareburger on Urbanspoon
If you like this post or the photos, feel free to share it using the toolbar below or to write a comment! 

And Remember: I Just Want To Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment