Bonne Annee! Happy New Year! | I just want 2 eat

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bonne Annee! Happy New Year!

I wish to all my readers and followers a Happy, Healthy and Foodie New Year 2012!

It is the time for resolutions and I am sure  a lot of people have in mind some sort of diet! In fact, going to work, I saw a Bing/Impulse survey that says that 41% of the respondents mentioned losing weight as their New Year resolution.
I know that I am lucky enough to be able to eat whatever I want without thinking about my weight. But food for me is not only a necessity: it is a wonderful way of sharing an experience with people I love and/or appreciate. It is also a fantastic excitement for my eyes and palate, because you eat first with your eyes, your nose and then your mouth! Last, I also favor quality over quantity.

So now, let me give you some tricks if you love food but have to be careful:

  • Drink a glass of water before your meal. It will fill you up a bit.
  • Take your time to eat and appreciate the moment if you can. Some say that it takes 15 minutes for your stomach to tell your brain you are full.
  • Know the quantity that is reasonable to eat: if the plate given to you is huge, decide how much you should eat (you can even separate it in the plate)  and take home the rest.
  • Don't snack all the time! I only snack the week end, whenever there is something yummy to try!

So in 2012, ENJOY (I did and will)! And remember: I just want to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment