Cupcakes at Sweet in Hoboken, NJ | I just want 2 eat

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Cupcakes at Sweet in Hoboken, NJ

When I came in this country, I did not know what cupcakes were. They are still today a novelty in France; not surprising considering the number of pastries we have there! I could spend weeks eating every cake in patisseries! But cupcakes are fun: you could imagine so many variations of it! I love watching, for instance, Cupcake Wars on the Food Network: they have to be so creative. Imagine that: they have to make cupcakes with ingredients like avocado!

The first time I had a cupcake in New York, it was not good: sweet and too much cake: you need a good ratio cake / frosting! A little more than 1/3 frosting, 2/3 cake is perfect (although I would go with 2/3 frosting and 1/3 cake...). I then had a second one at Crumbs and still did not like it. Same issue with the frosting / cake ratio. Finally, I tried Sweet. I remember: we were having a wine and cheese party at our place and a friend of us, Kristen, brought this small box that contained several lovely mini cupcakes. Everybody was ecstatic when eating them. So I could not resist to my curiosity and picked a red velvet one: it was a revelation! The cake was moist and delicious and the frosting amazing (cream cheese frosting). Thanks to my good manners, I did not shank anybody that day so I could have a second one!

We then became regulars. My favorites are the red velvet and the banana one. They also have one with chocolate ganache and marshmallow. I just wish they had some special cupcakes more often. My big regret is the Nutella cupcake: I tried it once, but they never made it again. They said they would do it again in the winter! So I have a personal message for Sweet: please make the nutella ones on a regular basis!

So, if you do not like cupcake or are not sure, go to Sweet in Hoboken: it may change your mind! 

Enjoy (I did)!

And remember: I just want to eat!
Sweet on Urbanspoon
Restaurant Information

* Restaurant Name
Sweet
* Overall
★★★☆☆
* Neighborhood / Cuisine
New Jersey / American New / Desserts
* Street Address
343 Garden St., Hoboken, NJ 07030
* Phone
(201) 420-0111

No comments:

Post a Comment