Ali Baba in Hoboken, NJ | I just want 2 eat

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Ali Baba in Hoboken, NJ

This post has nothing to do with the tale of Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves! It is a restaurant located in Hoboken, NJ, that I heard whose owner is of Lebanese origin. It is one of my favorite Middle Eastern restaurant in the area, with good food and good prices. The restaurant is nicely decorated and the service courteous and good.

The photos above are from their vegetarian party platter that serves 3 to 4 people. I love this platter, although I just realized that they closed to double its price(!!!): you can pick 5 different appetizers: from hummus to baba ganoush (both I believe homemade), to taboule or falafel. They always add delicious olives and peppers, and are very generous with the pita (packaged)! The falafel are small and crispy, never greasy. The taboule is typical, very tasty and fresh. A great platter if you have a party (hence its name!).

I also love their sandwiches that are served in a pita. My favorite is the tandoori chicken one. It is a bit messy to eat because of all the sauce they put, but it is so good that I do not care at all! They also serve other typical dishes like couscous or kufta (type of meat patty).

For dessert, they serve baklava: sometimes good, sometimes too dry. Not the place to go for dessert for me!

Last, if you want, you can enjoy some Hookah (instrument for smoking flavored tobacco in which the smoke is passed through a water basin before inhalation), but I cannot comment about that!

Leave me a comment to tell me if you shared the same experience or what you think about this post!

Enjoy (I did)!

And remember: I just want to eat!
Ali Baba on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment