Little Town NJ in Hoboken, NJ | I just want 2 eat

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Little Town NJ in Hoboken, NJ


image of Little Town NJ in Hoboken, NJ

For brunch, we decided to go to Little Town NJ, not the city in New Jersey, but the restaurant in Hoboken. Opened recently by the sons of the Manzo family who own the Brownstone, apparently an institution I did not get a chance to try. In fact, one of their dishes is the Brownstone Tenderloin.
image of Little Town NJ in Hoboken, NJ

The place is pretty big, with an impressive bar, solid wood tables and leather banquettes that give this place some warmth. 

In the back, they even have a game of skee ball!
image of skee ball at Little Town NJ in Hoboken, NJ

But I admit that the noise of that game is not the most pleasurable to the ears, especially if you are looking for a nice and somewhat quiet brunch. 

We were there early and decided to order from the menu instead if waiting for their buffet to open. 

Jodi ordered the cranberry bog salad.
image of cranberry bog salad at Little Town NJ in Hoboken, NJ

It was made of crumbled goat cheese, mixed greens and dried cranberries. Good salad, although more cheese would have been much appreciated. 

On my side, I ordered the crab Benny or Benedict if you did not guess. Surprisingly, the waitress asked me how I wanted my eggs. I responded "poached", surprised by the question, but realized that it is probably because they propose any style in case people do not like poached eggs. 
image of crab benny at Little Town NJ in Hoboken, NJ

With it, I had a choice between fries and mixed greens. I went for the mixed greens, trying to convince myself I was having a healthy lunch...
The plate was impressive! Usually, they serve you a little salad, but at Little Town NJ, it is a good size. The eggs were perfectly poached, with a nice runny yolk and topped with a delicious thick Hollandaise sauce. The crab cakes, probably made with the meat of the claw were good but salty. Too bad! Last, in the bottom, was a piece of Taylor ham, all of this on an english muffin.

Despite the saltiness of the crab cakes, I really liked the dish and I am looking forward to going there for dinner!

Enjoy (I did)!

Little Town on Urbanspoon

If you like this post or the photos, feel free to share it using the toolbar below or to write a comment! 

And Remember: I Just Want To Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment