My trip to Europe: Le Lido Plage in Aix-Les-Bains, France | I just want 2 eat

Monday, June 9, 2014

My trip to Europe: Le Lido Plage in Aix-Les-Bains, France

image of Le Lido Plage in Aix-Les-Bains, France

There are places where the location primes over the food and Le Lido Plage in Aix Les Bains (France) is surely one of them. Not that the food was not good, but we picked this place because it is located right next to the Lac du Bourget, a beautiful lake where fish, ducks, swans and swimmers coexist. 
image of view from the lake at Le Lido Plage in Aix-Les-Bains, France

image of view from the lake at Le Lido Plage in Aix-Les-Bains, France

When the weather permits, the restaurant will only serve at the terrace, overlooking the lake and the private beach. 
image of view from the lake at Le Lido Plage in Aix-Les-Bains, France

image of terrace at Le Lido Plage in Aix-Les-Bains, France

We went on a Sunday, to celebrate my Dad's birthday. They offer a menu à la carte, or prix fixe (know that in France, menu means prix-fixe, not to confuse anybody). We went for a prix-fixe that included appetizer, entrée and dessert. 
image of table at Le Lido Plage in Aix-Les-Bains, France

All of this accompanied with some delicious white and rosé wine to cool us down on that warm journey. I should add that if you need a hat, they will lend you one, and I was happy that I had one, because those that you can borrow, will for sure make you regret that you forgot yours. 

image of wine at Le Lido Plage in Aix-Les-Bains, France

To start, Jodi got the burger of tomato and mozzarella with pesto and tapenade. 
image of burger of tomato and mozzarella at Le Lido Plage in Aix-Les-Bains, France

The presentation was beautiful, the tomato replacing the bun and the mozzarella, that was delicious, the meat patty. It was a nice combination: I did not really care about the pesto, but the tapenade was fantastic with the tomato and mozzarella, elevating the dish that would have otherwise simply be a tomato and mozzarella salad. 
image of burger of tomato and mozzarella at Le Lido Plage in Aix-Les-Bains, France

On my side, I had the beef carpaccio:
image of beef carpaccio at Le Lido Plage in Aix-Les-Bains, France

I definitely did not regret that choice: it was perfect, the thin slices of beef melting in my mouth and perfectly balanced, with not too much acidity. 

Then, for the entrée, Jodi ordered the fried filet of perch, served with French fries and tartare sauce. 
image of fried filet of perch at Le Lido Plage in Aix-Les-Bains, France

Imagine fish and chips, but French. I liked it, although the fish was a bit greasy and the fries just ok. 
image of fried filet of perch at Le Lido Plage in Aix-Les-Bains, France

image of French fries at Le Lido Plage in Aix-Les-Bains, France

image of tartare sauce at Le Lido Plage in Aix-Les-Bains, France

On my side, I got the filet of lavaret, a European white fish, served with a butter sauce, rice and ratatouille. 
image of filet of livaret at Le Lido Plage in Aix-Les-Bains, France

I liked it, the fish being perfectly cooked and flakey, but would have liked more sauce as the rice was a bit dry. However, the ratatouille was delicious, quite comforting with different flavors depending on which vegetable ended up on my fork. The addition of some small chickpeas was a good idea, as not only it added a nice flavor, but also some texture. 
image of ratatouille at Le Lido Plage in Aix-Les-Bains, France

Last was dessert. Jodi went for the creme brûlée. 
image of creme brulee at Le Lido Plage in Aix-Les-Bains, France

I went for the white chocolate panacotta with a red berry coulis. 
image of white chocolate panacotta at Le Lido Plage in Aix-Les-Bains, France

image of white chocolate panacotta at Le Lido Plage in Aix-Les-Bains, France

I admit that I preferred the creme brûlée that was sublime: it was a vanilla one and we could definitely see the vanilla beans. The panacotta was not set at all, being too liquid. Too bad. 

The meal at Le Lido Plage was good overall, dishes from the menu being better than the prix fixe according to my brother who went few times. It is a good place if you'd like to enjoy a decent meal in a restaurant with a stunning view. 

Lido Plage
Chemin du Lac
73100 Tresserve, France

Enjoy (I did)!

If you like this post or the photos, feel free to share it using the toolbar below or to write a comment! 

And Remember: I Just Want To Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment