My trip to Europe: Il Caminetto in Florence, Italy | I just want 2 eat

Friday, June 20, 2014

My trip to Europe: Il Caminetto in Florence, Italy

image of The Duomo in Florence, Italy

For our first dinner in Florence, we did not have any plan and decided to look for a restaurant near the Piazza Del Duomo, where the impressive cathedral, built in 1296 through 1436 was standing. 
image of The Duomo in Florence, Italyimage of The Duomo in Florence, Italy

We passed by Il Caminetto and noted the address as the restaurant was not yet open and we wanted to see what options were available.
image of Il Caminetto in Florence, Italy

But I was already sure we would dine there because of few dishes I saw and the fact that they make their own pasta, not that it is uncommon in Florence. 
image of dining room at Il Caminetto in Florence, Italy

It is not a big place and it filled up fairly quickly with tourists. I was hoping at that point that this was not one of those tourist traps...And it was not. 
image of bread basket at Il Caminetto in Florence, Italy


To start of, I ordered a Zuppeta cozze e Vongole, that is mussels and clams. 
image of Zuppeta cozze e Vongole at Il Caminetto in Florence, Italy

It was very good, the sauce being extremely tasty. In the bottom of the plate, submerged by the sauce was a piece of bread that I could not ignore. It started well!

For the main dish, Jodi ordered a seared tuna, a dish called Tonno agli aroma mediterranei
image of seared tuna at Il Caminetto in Florence, Italy

Quite good, I was surprised to see that it did not come with any side. 

On my side, I ordered the tagliatelle al ragù, the first of the series during my trip... This was delicious, the ragù being very flavorful and comforting. I definitely recommend it!
image of tagliatelle al ragù at Il Caminetto in Florence, Italy

To go with my pasta, I ordered a glass of chianti "Poggio al ripe" Tenuta S. Martino 2008:
image of Poggio al ripe at Il Caminetto in Florence, Italy

It was a good start for our vacation in Florence: the food was good as well as the service. Although mainly frequented by tourists, this is a nice and fairly priced place. 

Il Caminetto Ristorante
via dello Studio 34r
50100 Florence, Italy

Enjoy (I did)!

If you like this post or the photos, feel free to share it using the toolbar below or to write a comment! 

And Remember: I Just Want To Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment