Gelato pop at Popbar in New York City, NY | I just want 2 eat

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Gelato pop at Popbar in New York City, NY

Image of Popbar in NYC, New York
Recently, we discovered this small place called Popbar in the West Village. Popbar serves gelato or sorbet on a stick. They have plenty of choices and the colors are spectacular! 

Their gelato is apparently made every day with fresh fruits and ingredients coming from Italy! They have many flavors such as: banana, chocolate, coconut, hazelnut, pistachio, cream, vanilla, peanut butter, ...
They also have sorbet such as lemon, pineapple, kiwi, mixed berries, ...
Image of Popbar in NYC, New York

The process is in 4 easy steps:
  1. pick your gelato or sorbet.
  2. pick a dip: dark, milk or white chocolate.
  3. pick a topping: almonds, hazelnuts, granola, shredded coconut, ...
Image of Popbar in NYC, New York
Jodi went for the coconut pop dipped in dark chocolate and shredded coconut as a topping.
Image of Gelato pop at Popbar in NYC, New York
Just looking at the way they prepare it opens your appetite! This was very good! I am not sure I would have called it a gelato as gelato refers more to a soft ice cream. Of course, a soft ice cream would not have worked on a stick...Anyway, the taste was very good, especially the combination of coconut and dark chocolate.

On my side, I picked the Hazelnut gelato, dipped in dark chocolate and with hazelnut as a topping.
Image of Gelato pop at Popbar in NYC, New York
I loved it! The taste of hazelnut was very pronounced and it reminded me the pop ice cream I use to eat on Sundays when I was a kid (we only ate ice cream on Sundays, at lunch).

Popbar is definitely a little gem on carmine! I am surely going to go back to try some other pop as the one I tasted were awesome!

Enjoy (I did)!

Popbar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment