Cupcakes from Billy's Bakery in NYC, New York | I just want 2 eat

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Cupcakes from Billy's Bakery in NYC, New York

If you live in New York, there is a big chance that you heard about Billy's Bakery. Located in Chelsea, this bakery is an institution for the sugar lovers. I discovered there an amazing banana cream pie and pineapple upside down cake (see Billy's bakery review here). What I love when I go to Billy's is the butter smell when you enter in the store: it makes me hungry (one would say that I am always hungry though).

So this time, we went for cupcakes. Jodi decided to go for a chocolate cake and vanilla frosting that is a pretty standard one.
Image of Chocolate cake and vanilla frosting cupcake at Billy's bakery in NYC, New York
You cannot not notice the nice ratio cake / frosting that is important: the best part in a cupcake is the frosting!!!
The cake was good and moist. However, the vanilla frosting was very sweet. Too sweet!

On my side, I ordered a banana-nutella cupcake.
Image of Banana nutella cupcake at Billy's bakery in NYC, New York

It was clearly missing some frosting. Anyway, I could barely taste the nutella! I was so disappointed as I love this scrumptious hazelnut spread! The cake was good, moist, with a nice banana taste coming through.

So I was a bit disappointed. I should probably stick with the banana cream pie....

Enjoy (I did not this time)!

And remember: I Just Want To Eat!


 Billy's Bakery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment