Bibimbap at Wonjo in Koreatown - NYC, New York | I just want 2 eat

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Bibimbap at Wonjo in Koreatown - NYC, New York

Image of Wonjo Korean Restaurant in Koreatown NYC, New York
After going to Cho Dang Gol (review posted 2 days ago), we wanted to go to another Korean restaurant, in our search for the best Bibimbap (rice bowl). So we ended up to Wonjo, in the heart of Korea Town. This place is definitely known considering the line in front of the restaurant when we left (we went early fearing the crowd). This restaurant has 2 floors and serves some Korean BBQ also.

So we started with the traditional Banchan (small plates).
Image of Banchan at Wonjo Korean Restaurant in Koreatown NYC, New York
I always enjoy them! This time, I especially liked the tofu:
Image of Tofu at Wonjo Korean Restaurant in Koreatown NYC, New York
It was fried and dipped in soy sauce with some jalapeno on top. Delish! They also gave us the usual and acclaimed (by me) Kimchi (fermented cabbage):
Image of Kimchi at Wonjo Korean Restaurant in Koreatown NYC, New York
With the Bibimbap, they served us a miso soup.
Image of Miso soup at Wonjo Korean Restaurant in Koreatown NYC, New York
It was a nice touch, but I was just waiting for my bibimbap!

Jodi ordered the Tofu bibimbap:
Image of Tofu Bibimbap at Wonjo Korean Restaurant in Koreatown NYC, New York
And I ordered the chicken teriyaki bibimbap:
Image of Chicken Teriyaki Bibimbap at Wonjo Korean Restaurant in Koreatown NYC, New York
Both came extremely hot and both were...bland...We had to add some soy sauce and I added some spicy sauce to get some flavors. This was very disappointing!

So, definitely, Wonjo is not the place for me for Bibimbap...I will have to try somewhere else or go back to Korea Palace!

Enjoy (the post)!

And remember: I Just Want To Eat!

Wonjo Korean Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment