Burger or pizza at Bin 14 in Hoboken, NJ | I just want 2 eat

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Burger or pizza at Bin 14 in Hoboken, NJ

It is no secret that I am a fan of Bin 14, the Hoboken Wine Bar of Chef Anthony Pino. I like the atmosphere as much as the food. We often go there for brunch as they have a fantastic brunch menu. I think I tried most of their menu, but there is one item that I never ate there: the burger. So, Jodi and I decided to go to remediate to this!

Once there, I ordered my Bin 14 burger:
Image of Bin 14 burger at Bin 14 in Hoboken, NJ

The beef patty was delicately put on a piece of brioche bun (the menu said toasted, but it was not), with a roasted tomato, fresh mozzarella, arugula and pancetta. It was served with French fries, skin on, drizzled with pecorino cheese. 
First of all, the presentation was very appetizing and I just wanted to have this first bite that can be so comforting when eating a burger. The meat was perfectly cooked, juicy (I asked for medium) and did not seem to be full of fillers. It was a good burger, although not the best I had: the cheese had a too subtle taste to be really noticed, the pancetta was barely noticeable too and the arugula has a too strong flavor to go well with the meat as it has a tendency to overpower it.

The French fries were very disappointing: limp, not crunchy and not cooked all the way through. So sad...

Jodi had the truffle and creamy taleggio pizza.
Image of the Truffle and creamy taleggio pizza at Bin 14 in Hoboken, NJ

This pizza is definitely a hit for us: they are generous with the cheese and the truffle and the crust is thin and crunchy, cooked divinely in their brick oven. 

I definitely recommend the pizza over the burger!

Enjoy (I did)!
Bin 14 on Urbanspoon
And Remember: I Just Want To Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment