BBQ at Hill Country in NYC, New York | I just want 2 eat

Sunday, October 13, 2013

BBQ at Hill Country in NYC, New York


image of Hill Country in NYC, New York

Recently, we went back to Hill Country with Jodi's cousins Jessica and Michael and their two kids, Alex and Brian. I was excited for many reasons, besides sharing a meal with them: the main one being that I love BBQ. It was also an opportunity to revisit it as my last visit was last year.
image of Hill Country in NYC, New York

The place, that serves Texas BBQ, is similar to most of the BBQ places I went to: wood, wood and again wood.
image of Hill Country in NYC, New York

But then, the experience is different: they sit you at a table where you will order beverages, but when it comes to the good, you need to order at the counter. So, they give each person of the party a ticket that will be stamped with the cost if the items you order.
image of Meal ticket at Hill Country in NYC, New York

Do not lose that ticket, otherwise, similar to Katz's, you will be in trouble and pay a high price!

image of meat station at Hill Country in NYC, New York

They have three counters: the meat, where they will carve the meat.

image of meat station at Hill Country in NYC, New York
You just need to ask them what you want, type and quantity, as they sell by the pound. They also propose some samplers for a fixed price.

Then, the sides:
image of sides and trimming station at Hill Country in NYC, New York

I should probably mentioned that the guy serving us at the meat station was very courteous, not like the one at the sides station!!!

The last one is for desserts, that you can also order at the table.
image of paper towel roll at  Hill Country in NYC, New York

We were ready for a feast! A good sign was the paper towel roll that they put on each table, that prefigure some finger licking!

So, Jodi decided to order a salad, but we also shared some deviled eggs.
image of Deviled eggs at  Hill Country in NYC, New York

I liked them, probably because I love mayo and there was a lot if it!


image of Mac & Cheese at  Hill Country in NYC, New York

We also shared some Mac & Cheese, that were good, but I would have liked them creamier.
image of Corn pudding at  Hill Country in NYC, New York

We also tried the corn pudding that was deliciously sweet.
image of Meat sampler at  Hill Country in NYC, New York

Then, I created my own sampler! They put it in brown paper
image of Meat sampler at  Hill Country in NYC, New York

That I delicately unwrapped, as I would if it was a gift!

There, I had:

Beef shoulder:
image of Beef shoulder at  Hill Country in NYC, New York

Moist brisket:
image of Moist brisket at  Hill Country in NYC, New York

Beef rib (huge):
image of Beef ribs at  Hill Country in NYC, New York

Pork rib:
image of Pork ribs at  Hill Country in NYC, New York

I was a bit disappointed by the meat... The brisket was extremely fatty, the pork rib dry and salty and the beef rib a bit dry and tough. The only piece of meat I enjoyed was the beef shoulder that was tender and moist.
image of Banana pudding at  Hill Country in NYC, New York

Fortunately there was dessert! We ordered the banana pudding that was spectacular: light and not too sweet, I could have eaten several of them.
image of Banana pudding at  Hill Country in NYC, New York

We had a good time all together and it was a fun dinner, despite the fact that the meat was not that great. I still think that Southern Hospitality or Brother Jimmy serve a better BBQ at a better price.

Enjoy (I did)!

Hill Country on Urbanspoon

If you like this post or the photos, feel free to share it using the toolbar below or to write a comment! 

And Remember: I Just Want To Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment