Two Little Red Hens in NYC, New York | I just want 2 eat

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Two Little Red Hens in NYC, New York

image of Two Little Red Hens in NYC, New York

Two Little Red Hens was recommended by Malini from The Restaurant Fairy when we met her and her husband, Yozo, at the blogger event organized by Tabélog at SakaMai. 
image of Two Little Red Hens in NYC, New York

Two Little Red Hens is a tiny place located in the Upper East Side. There are just few tables inside to eat and, the problem with a place like this is that there are so many yummy things, people get stuck in front of the counter for a long time, not knowing what to order!

Jodi was very excited when she saw that they had a coconut cream pie!
image of Coconut cream pie at Two Little Red Hens in NYC, New York

It was made with coconut cream filling, coconut whipped cream and coconut shavings. It was pretty good, although I am not the biggest fan of coconut in shaving form (I know: weird!). It was light and not too sweet, very creamy.

image of Coconut cream pie at Two Little Red Hens in NYC, New York

On my side, I ordered two small cupcakes (they offer the regular and small size), that they wrapped together so they stay tight when transporting them in a bag. The first one was the red velvet with cream cheese frosting (right):
image of cupcakes at Two Little Red Hens in NYC, New York

It was good, with a nice proportion cake / frosting. However, it was not the best I had so far (Sweet in Hoboken, NJ is the best!).

I also tried the Brooklyn Blackout cupcake, recommended by Malini:
image of Brooklyn blackout cupcake at Two Little Red Hens in NYC, New York

It was fantastic! Not too sweet, made with chocolate cake, chocolate pudding and fudge frosting. My only regret was that I did not order a regular size one! It was so good! Moist, not too sweet and full of flavors, it is the perfect chocolate cupcake for chocolate lovers!

Trust me: it is not the last time I will be there! And, if you go, do not miss the Brooklyn Blackout!

Enjoy (I did)! 

Two Little Red Hens on Urbanspoon

If you like this post or the photos, feel free to share it using the toolbar below or to write a comment! 

And Remember: I Just Want To Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment