Pie Face Union Square, NYC, New York | I just want 2 eat

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pie Face Union Square, NYC, New York


image of Pie Face Union Square, NYC, New York
Has my mind been tricked or are there Pie Face restaurants everywhere? Is it the Starbucks syndrome? Well, it is true that the owners have a target to open 60 locations in NYC, but I am amazed by the pace!

So, my last try was at Union Square, where they opened the biggest I have seen so far. 
image of Pie Face Union Square, NYC, New York

There, no surprise in term of menu as it is standard. So we decided to share few pies...

The first one was the cheesesteak one:
image of cheesesteak pie at Pie Face Union Square, NYC, New York

Pretty interesting creation, marrying the pie concept from Australia with one of the most famous sandwiches in the US! For sure, the presentation was not as nice as for the other pies, but I loved it! It was really like eating a cheesesteak, without the bread. The meat was delicious and tender, the onions soft with a nice sweetness and there was a lot of cheese. 

The second pie was a BBQ pulled pork:
image of BBQ pulled pork pie at Pie Face Union Square, NYC, New York

We ordered the small size for that one. It was also very good, although completely overwhelmed by the generous amount of BBQ sauce. I liked it but I am not sure I would have eaten an entire regular size pie. 

We also tried the spinach quiche that was good, but did not have anything that made it unique. 
image of spinach quiche at Pie Face Union Square, NYC, New York

Last was dessert of course! We went for the cherry pie
image of cherry pie at Pie Face Union Square, NYC, New York

And the pear and ricotta tart. 
image of pear and ricotta tart at Pie Face Union Square, NYC, New York

As I mentioned in previous posts about Pie Face, I love their cherry pie! In fact I love their desserts: succulent, they are not too sweet and the fact that they serve them in small size is perfect to end a meal on a sweet note. I should add that the combination pear / ricotta is fantastic and has an inherent freshness to it. 

I am a big fan of pie face and I guess I have no other choice than trying each and every location...for the blog of course!

Enjoy (I did)!

Pie face on Urbanspoon

If you like this post or the photos, feel free to share it using the toolbar below or to write a comment! 

And Remember: I Just Want To Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment