Talde in Park Slope, Brooklyn | I just want 2 eat

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Talde in Park Slope, Brooklyn

image of Talde in Park Slope, Brooklyn

I wanted to try Talde, the eponymous restaurant of Chef Dale Talde in Park Slope, for a while, but I admit that I do not like to wait for hours to get a table. So, as I was off on a Monday, we decided to show up for an early dinner. 
image of Talde in Park Slope, Brooklyn

I was intrigued by the Asian-American menu considering the impressive resume of Chef Talde who worked in renown restaurants (Jean George's Vong in Chicago, Buddakan or Morimoto, to name a few), getting his inspiration from his Filipino's roots. You may have seen him on Top Chef, showing an incredible talent as well as a bad temper...
image of Talde in Park Slope, Brooklyn

So, here we are, at Talde in Brooklyn. The 75 seats restaurant has a beautiful decor: black wood with Asian carving, definitely neat and slick. 
image of kitchen at Talde in Park Slope, Brooklyn

In the back is the kitchen where you can admire the crew prepare uncommon dishes. 

The concept is simple: small or large plates preferably for sharing. So we shared!

Our first appetizer was the yuzu guacamole. 
image of yuzu guacamole at Talde in Park Slope, Brooklyn

Served on crispy rice, they propose it with ham or vegetarian. We chose the latter. Not only the presentation was sublime, but it also was scrumptious. I really liked the transition of texture, from the soft guacamole to the crispy rice.
image of yuzu guacamole at Talde in Park Slope, Brooklyn

Then, we got the Hawaiian bread buns. 
image of Hawaiian bread buns at Talde in Park Slope, Brooklyn

As they come by three, we ordered the three proposed combinations that were served with garlic vinegar mayo and pickled shallots:

Filipino sausage:
image of Filipino sausage at Talde in Park Slope, Brooklyn

Crispy market fish:
image of Crispy market fish at Talde in Park Slope, Brooklyn

Shiitake mushroom:
image of Shiitake mushroom at Talde in Park Slope, Brooklyn

These little sliders were fantastic, the three of them being packed in flavors. The sausage was my favorite. 

Then, we ordered the glass noodle stir fry. 
image of glass noodles at Talde in Park Slope, Brooklyn

Not sure what the Buddha style mentioned in the menu means, but it was very good. I admit though that I expected the noodles to be crispy, but it was not the case. 

The last dish was the Korean fried chicken:
image of Korean fried chicken at Talde in Park Slope, Brooklyn

It was delicious pieces of chicken (crispy and moist), placed on a kimchi yoghurt sauce that was quite spicy, but so good that I did not care if my mouth was on fire.
image of Korean fried chicken at Talde in Park Slope, Brooklyn

It was served with grapes and mint that helped cool off my palate. If you like fried chicken, do not miss this dish. 
image of Korean fried chicken at Talde in Park Slope, Brooklyn

Thrilled by the originality if the dishes, we were anxious to see the dessert menu. Unfortunately, there was none and they only proposed one dessert that, although original, did not appeal to me. This was really the only disappointment there, the rest if the meal being beyond my expectations. Now I know why there is so much buzz about Talde!

Enjoy (I did)!

Talde on Urbanspoon

If you like this post or the photos, feel free to share it using the toolbar below or to write a comment! 

And Remember: I Just Want To Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment