Italian lunch at Bricco in Hell's Kitchen, NYC,NY | I just want 2 eat

Friday, May 9, 2014

Italian lunch at Bricco in Hell's Kitchen, NYC,NY

image of Bricco in Hell's Kitchen, NYC,NY

I found Bricco looking for a reservation Midtown, on open table. Not sure I would have found it otherwise, the street it is located on not being that busy. Opened by restauranteur Nino Catuogno, the restaurant serves Southern Italian cuisine with a Northern Italian flare.
image of Bricco in Hell's Kitchen, NYC,NY

It is a big place for sure, painted in pastel colors matching the tablecloths and napkins, and with some interesting art on the wall.
image of Bricco in Hell's Kitchen, NYC,NY

In the back is the wood fire oven where they make pizza:
image of brick oven at Bricco in Hell's Kitchen, NYC,NY

As well as the Carciofi Al Forno or brick-oven roasted artichokes:
image of brick oven roasted artichokes at Bricco in Hell's Kitchen, NYC,NY

And probably the focaccia bread they brought to the table (I found it stale):

image of focaccia bread at Bricco in Hell's Kitchen, NYC,NY

When I looked at the menu, I could not miss the Polipo Alia Griglia or grilled octopus:
image of grilled octopus at Bricco in Hell's Kitchen, NYC,NY

I love grilled octopus: it is definitely hard to prepare as it needs to be cooked enough so it is not rubbery and I believe, needs a nice char that enhances the taste.
image of grilled octopus at Bricco in Hell's Kitchen, NYC,NY

It was served over a mesclun salad and topped with a mint sauce that had a very refreshing taste, without overpowering the octopus. If you like octopus, this is for sure a dish to try there.

I also tried the Melanzane In Carrozza or baked eggplant and mozzarella that was delicious.
image of baked eggplant and mozzarella at Bricco in Hell's Kitchen, NYC,NY

For the entree, I chose the Fettuccine Integrali Alla Contadina:
image of fettuccine at Bricco in Hell's Kitchen, NYC,NY

These were homemade whole wheat pasta in tomato sauce with sausage, fennel's seeds and a touch of cream. Well, more than a touch! It was good, but very, very heavy: the pasta were perfectly cooked and the sauce to die for, very rich, with a nice hint of fennel that came through from time to time.

The food at Bricco was good, with reasonable prices. Unfortunately, I did not have time to get dessert, the dishes taking time to come to the table...But trust me: I left with my belly full!

Enjoy (I did)!

Bricco on Urbanspoon

If you like this post or the photos, feel free to share it using the toolbar below or to write a comment! 

And Remember: I Just Want To Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment