The Cupping Room Cafe in New York, NY | I just want 2 eat

Friday, October 3, 2014

The Cupping Room Cafe in New York, NY

image of The Cupping Room Cafe in New York, NY

I might have found my new favorite spot for brunch: The Cupping Room Café. Located in Soho, this spot combines a bar, a restaurant and a bakery. 
image of The Cupping Room Cafe in New York, NY

We arrived by the entrance on West Broadway and I thought that it was a tiny place, but then, they brought us to their main dining room, located passed the open kitchen. 
image of The Cupping Room Cafe in New York, NY

It is a warm place with a very rustic feel thanks to the tin ceiling, the brick walls and the antique pot belly stove proudly displayed I the back. 
image of The Cupping Room Cafe in New York, NY

Service was very nice, although a bit overwhelmed at times. 

So, you probably wonder why I think it is a great place? Well, as I mentioned earlier, it is a bakery, so a lot of items on their menu such as cakes, cookies, muffins are made on premises. Then, they have one of my favorite dish: eggs Benedict. But here, I am talking about customized eggs Benedict! You just pick what you want on it: salmon, fresh, not smoked, fresh tuna...This is the first time I go to a restaurant that offers that. So I decided to try and ordered the eggs Benedict with fresh salmon ($6 suppl.).
image of eggs benedict at The Cupping Room Cafe in New York, NY

With it, I had a choice of fries, salad or fruits (for an additional $2). I went for the fruit salad, trying to keep it healthy...before dessert... I really like when restaurants propose fruits as a side, especially in the Summer. Regular salads? Too boring. Potatoes: not always good.
image of eggs benedict at The Cupping Room Cafe in New York, NY

The eggs were perfectly cooked, the yolk being delightfully runny, and the salmon cooked as requested, rare and giving to the dish a new dimension. The only negative is that I would have preferred the fruits in a separate plate or a bowl as they soon foot submerged by the Hollandaise sauce.
image of eggs benedict at The Cupping Room Cafe in New York, NY

Jodi got the cobb salad, without chicken and bacon.
image of cobb salad at The Cupping Room Cafe in New York, NY

Although there was a lot of it, it was way overpriced at $20.

So, this is a bakery, so we could not miss desserts. We therefore decided to go for their sampler that was a great deal for $8. 
image of dessert sampler at The Cupping Room Cafe in New York, NY

The smiler was composed of:

Tiramisu:
image of tiramisu at The Cupping Room Cafe in New York, NY

Red velvet cake:

image of red velvet cake at The Cupping Room Cafe in New York, NY

Brownie:
image of brownie at The Cupping Room Cafe in New York, NY

My favorite was definitely the brownie: it was heaven on a plate! It was very chocolatey, with the top being crunchy and the middle very moist. The tiramisu was very light and creamy. The red velvet: good, but nothing extraordinary for me.

With my brunch, I got a fresh squeezed orange juice that was not watered down:
image of fresh squeezed orange juice at The Cupping Room Cafe in New York, NY

And an espresso:
image of espresso at The Cupping Room Cafe in New York, NY

Although a little pricey, this is definitely a good place for brunch. If you go there, do not miss desserts!

Enjoy (I did)!

The Cupping Room Cafe on Urbanspoon

If you like this post or the photos, feel free to share it using the toolbar below or to write a comment! 

And Remember: I Just Want To Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment