Restaurant Review: Schnipper's (New York, NY) | I just want 2 eat

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Restaurant Review: Schnipper's (New York, NY)

Schnipper's is located in Time Square right across the street from The Port Authority of New York. This restaurant was founded by two brothers Jon and Andrew Schnipper who also founded and owned until 2006 Hale and Hearty Soups. They decided at some point to travel across the USA to learn some old fashioned dishes: burgers, hot dogs, grilled cheese...

I like Schnipper's and I went few times. I would call it a quality fast food with affordable prices. They cook the food a la minute and the service is usually quick (you order at the cashier, they give you a number and then they bring the food to the table). I tried several dishes: some I liked, some I did not! For instance, the founders claim that they learn how to make tasty burgers. If it is true, why don't you make them tasty??? Clearly, the burgers are not good! Same for the Mac and Cheese. However, their grilled four cheese and their fresh veggie & goat cheese sandwich are delicious! They also make very good fresh potato chips. On the dessert side, I have tried their milk shakes: they are thick and tasty (vanilla milk shakes can be tasteless; not there). I had an oreo milk shake once: that was something! Unfortunately, it was a special.

So, if you want a quick bite and some good old fashioned food, go to Schnipper's ! But avoid the burgers....

Enjoy (I did)!
Schnipper’s Quality Kitchen (41st/8th) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment