Steak Sandwich at Black Bear Bar in Hoboken, New Jersey | I just want 2 eat

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Steak Sandwich at Black Bear Bar in Hoboken, New Jersey

Image of Black Bear Bar and Grill in Hoboken, New Jersey NJ
I went to Black Bear for their burger a long time ago and while discussing about it with a friend, he mentioned the steak sandwich that they serve. I did not need more information to be convinced that I had to try it!

So we went there for lunch. The place is a popular bar, located on Washington Street in Hoboken, with two stories and several rooms. What was interesting is the part of the wall that has all these hot sauces:
Image of Black Bear Bar and Grill in Hoboken, New Jersey NJ
I did not know there are so many different one!

Anyway, I was there for the sandwich, not the decor or ambiance...I ordered the steak sandwich medium.
Image of Steak sandwich at Black Bear Bar and Grill in Hoboken, New Jersey NJ
The steak sandwich is slice steak, caramelized onions and sauteed mushrooms. This thing was huge and had an amazing smell that opened my appetite! Only problem was how to eat it as, as you can see on the photo, there was a lot of meat on the bread. I succeeded to close the sandwich and had a divine first bite! The bread was very soft and, as it had been toasted, a bit crispy, adding some texture to the dish. The steak was very good: tender and juicy. Unfortunately, there was too much garlic...This sandwich was definitely packed with flavors from the onions, mushroom and steak! If they lower the quantity or even eliminate the garlic, it will be a must have!

Jodi ordered a Hoboken Cobb salad.
Image of Cobb salad at Black Bear Bar and Grill in Hoboken, New Jersey NJ
She asked without meat and ended up paying the full price by the way...The salad was good though with lots of blue cheese...

Although too garlic-y, the steak sandwich was worth it! If I had to go again, I would probably ask them  one with no garlic as I am not planning to be victim of a vampire attack...

Enjoy (I did)!

Black Bear Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment