The Houndstooth Pub in NYC, New York | I just want 2 eat

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Houndstooth Pub in NYC, New York

Image of The Houndstooth Pub in NYC, New York
We went to see the play Tarragona from our friend Gary Giovannetti (yes, yes! I am advertising for it as this was a great moment and Gary is very talented! Although this post comes a bit late as it is not playing anymore: we went on the last day). After the play and some Cava (champagne) & cheese, we decided to all go to The Houndstooth Pub nearby. If I go to a pub, I will either order a sandwich or fish & chips.

So, I ordered the cheeseburger (cheddar cheese).
Image of Cheese burger at The Houndstooth Pub in NYC, New York
It was a big juicy black angus patty made with a nice char. You could definitely see that they press on the patty when they cook it. It was served on a toasted bun. 
The fries were steak fries (not my favorite: I prefer a regular cut) that were good also.

Jodi ordered the fish & chips.
Image of Fish and Chips at The Houndstooth Pub in NYC, New York
The fish, cod, was well cooked and flaky. I liked it!
Image of Fish and Chips at The Houndstooth Pub in NYC, New York
It was overall well cooked, although it missed a bit of crunchiness. I in fact preferred the fish & chips from the cheeseburger.

It was a good dinner. I never think about going to pubs for dinner: maybe I should revisit that....

Enjoy (I did)!

The Houndstooth on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment