My nephew culinary visit: day 8 / part 2: Hibachi at Ayame in Hoboken, NJ | I just want 2 eat

Friday, November 15, 2013

My nephew culinary visit: day 8 / part 2: Hibachi at Ayame in Hoboken, NJ


For his last evening, we brought Valentin to Ayame, a Japanese restaurant in Hoboken that proposes Hibachi. It was for sure for the show, but I admit that their food is delicious. It was a Friday night and the place was packed, full of people enjoying the show of the different Chef's that were serving tables. If you have never eaten in an Hibachi place, the video below will give you a good perspective on how it works!

The Hibachi dinner included a soup:
image of soup at Ayame in Hoboken, NJ

or a salad, made mainly of iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, carrot and ginger dressing.

image of salad at Ayame in Hoboken, NJ

I picked the soup that was very light and had few mushrooms with it. It was a good way to get ready for the main dish. Jodi ordered the tofu hibachi that was served with white rice, noodles and veggies.
image of tofu hibachi at Ayame in Hoboken, NJ

Valentin and I ordered the chicken and shrimp combo, served with noodles, veggies and, instead of white or brown rice, we decided to order fried rice.
image of shrimp and chicken hibachi at Ayame in Hoboken, NJ

It was very good and we had plenty of food! At least, the shrimp were not tiny and they served quite a bit of it. 

This was a nice last evening for my nephew and he loved the show of the Chef as well as the food!

Enjoy (I did)!

Ayame Hibachi Grill on Urbanspoon
If you like this post or the photos, feel free to share it using the toolbar below or to write a comment! 

And Remember: I Just Want To Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment