A Trip to Milwaukee - Part 7: A modern Italian | I just want 2 eat

Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Trip to Milwaukee - Part 7: A modern Italian

As we wanted a quick bite for lunch, we walked around our hotel and found this italian place called Zarletti, a bright restaurant with a modern feel. Believe it or not, that day I was not really in the mood for pasta. So I went for a cheese panini (asiago, parmesan, and provolone cheese). It was good but nothing extraordinary and I was expecting to taste the sharpness of the cheese, especially parmesan, but I did not. However, we shared as an appetizer a trio of spreads that was delicious! It was composed of:  Pomodoro sauce, tapenade, and herbed goat cheese. That was very nice to mix the different spreads together and the pomodoro sauce with the goat cheese was awesome and refreshing.
Zarletti offers different types of salads and we decided to go for the caprese (mozzarella and tomatoes). It was good and fresh, similar to the one we make at home...

If I had the chance, I would have probably gone back for dinner to try their pasta (hopefully homemade!) as what we got for lunch was pretty basic and did not really showcase italian food. What we had was good but nothing worth waking up in the middle of the night! 
Zarletti on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment