Great Dinner at Home ! Thank you Mario Batali! | I just want 2 eat

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Great Dinner at Home ! Thank you Mario Batali!

I am a big fan of Mario Batali! I discovered him on Iron Chef America on the Food Network and he blew me away! Very creative, lots of humor, extremely talented. I got the chance to try two of his restaurants: Del Posto in New York and B&B in Las Vegas and it was a great culinary experience.

We went to Eataly in New York, the new marketplace of Mario (yes, I call him Mario) and I think I was drooling in every aisle (they were moping behind me)! I'll post something soon on it! 

So, wandering around in this market, we decided to buy some products to make a nice dinner. We picked whole wheat tagliatelle and a truffles and mushrooms sauce. The pasta were freshly made. I am not a huge fan of the whole wheat pasta, but these were good! In the instructions, they said to cook them for 2 to 4 minutes. I cooked them for 8 minutes.
Then there is the sauce. Imagine that: truffles and mushrooms! It was simply delicious! It had a delicate flavor, with a very subtle hint of truffle (with the price of truffles, they are of course not put a lot in it).

Definitely worth to try!
Image of Fresh Pasta with truffle sauce at Eataly NYC, New York

No comments:

Post a Comment