My Shawarma! At The Halal Guys Food Cart in NYC, New York | I just want 2 eat

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Shawarma! At The Halal Guys Food Cart in NYC, New York

Image of Lamb Gyro at The Halal Guys Food cart in NYC, New York

I already mentioned a food cart SW corner of 53rd and 6 avenue in New York.They are called the Halal Guys. They are wearing yellow sweaters, but in fact, in each corner of 53rd, either on 6th or 7th avenue, you see the same yellow sweater.

I really think you should try it.
Here are few reasons:
- I have never been sick eating there. I know that some people are scared to eat at food carts. It is true that they do not have the grades like restaurants and not all of them maintain some hygiene standards.. 
- The food is delicious. The lamb gyro is my favorite! The meat is cooked perfectly and is very tasty. It is a bit burnt, giving a nice taste to it.
- it is cheap compared to a Shawarma you would eat in a restaurant.

I also tried the rice platter, but did not really like it: the rice was too dry. Definitely the sandwich is better!
Image of Lamb rice plate at The Halal Guys Food cart in NYC, New York

The legend says that these guys are so profitable that they turned down a $1 million offer on their license! After seeing the number of people waiting in line, I am not surprised!

Try it and enjoy (I did)!

And remember: I just want to eat!
Halal Guys - 53rd and 6th (Food Cart) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment