Restaurant Review: Marseille (New York, NY) | I just want 2 eat

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Restaurant Review: Marseille (New York, NY)

Marseille (no "s" at the end!!!!) is one of my favorite restaurants in New York; I went there for brunch or dinner and I have never been disappointed! The food there is so good and inspired from Mediterranean cuisine and Provence (hence the name, close to my heart and now to...my stomach). It is one of the restaurants in New York where you can eat merguez (spicy lamb sausages)!

I like the restaurant: the large dining room is bright, with a brasserie decoration and feel. They always give a bread basket to put you in appetite, served with butter and jam. In term of food, it is simply delicious! Their burger (the chef is also in charge of Nice Matin or 5 Napkin Burger) is very good and tasty. It is served with caramelized onions and comte cheese. The moules frites are also a hit. 

This restaurant is one of my favorite places for brunch in New York! They of course serve the basic brunch staples but sometimes with a mediterranean twist: eggs, French toasts, etc...The last time we went there, I decided to try different appetizers instead of getting an entree. We ate:
  • Tuna tartare (photo 2) served with cucumber, jalapeno, spicy mayo in a crispy wonton: this was awesome! Very light and fresh! The mayo had a nice kick. The presentation in three little wonton baskets was very aesthetic. 
  • Goat cheese tart with tomato fondue and caramelized onions: do I need to say more? Simply delicious! It is so good that I wish they had a bigger portion. The goat cheese, onions and tomato fondue pair so well!
  • Garden salad with Bibb lettuce, hazelnuts and mustard vinaigrette: ok, it is just salad. But the most important about a good salad is not only the salad itself (Bibb is one of my favorites), but to not overdress it. 
  • Ratatouille nicoise: this one was ok. It did not really taste like ratatouille (check Maison and their ratatouille and goat cheese crepe...). Not something I would have next time.

So, if you are looking for a good brunch, check that restaurant: you will not regret it!

Enjoy (I did)!


Marseille on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment