Italian dinner at Montpeliano in London, England | I just want 2 eat

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Italian dinner at Montpeliano in London, England

Image of Entrance of Montpeliano Italian restaurant in London, England
For our last dinner in London, we ended up at Montpeliano. In fact, we were not planning on going there, but just found this place as we were going to Harrod's to see the Holidays' decorations. 

So here we are in this restaurant that had an old fashioned atmosphere rendered mainly by walls full of black and white photos of celebrities like Frank Sinatra.
Image of Dining room Montpeliano Italian restaurant in London, England
The menu offers traditional Italian dishes. So, as it was after we had our treat at Fortnum and Mason, we decided to go light...

Jodi ordered some homemade tagliatelles with a butter and parmesan sauce.

Image of Homemade tagliatelles with butter and parmesan sauce at Montpeliano Italian restaurant in London, England

The pasta were fantastic: soft and eggy. The sauce was to die for! Creamy and tasty.

On my side, I ordered my test dish: linguine a la Vongole.
Image of Linguine a la Vongole at Montpeliano Italian restaurant in London, England

What is funny is that I always ask for parmesan and the waiters always look at me as if I have 3 heads! The pasta were perfectly cooked, al dente. The clams tasted fresh and there was a nice quantity of it. Last was the broth: I always ask the white one, that is made with white wine. It was delicious and tasty, but I have to say that the best I ever had was at Morandi in NYC! But it was definitely good!

We skipped dessert, but I am sure they had some good ones there! It was definitely a good dinner. A bit overpriced though...By the way, they make you pay a cover charge...

Enjoy (I did)!
Montpeliano on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment