The best Banana Cream Pie ever - Redeye Gill in NYC, New York | I just want 2 eat

Friday, January 18, 2013

The best Banana Cream Pie ever - Redeye Gill in NYC, New York

Image of the Entrance of the Redeye Grill in NYC, New York
If you go to The Redeye Grill, it is not for their steaks or their seafood! Surprisingly, I would only go for one of the most delicious banana cream pie I ever had! Forget Billy's Bakery and just go to The Redeye Grill!!!
Image of Dining room of the Redeye Grill in NYC, New York

It is the third time I had this dessert and each time I was in heaven! Ok, I had steaks in the past and never tried their seafood. Except last week...When I went back for lunch. I like the decor of this restaurant that looks like a cafe and has a beautiful raw bar with an impressive selection of seafood: fish, shrimp, scallops, you name it! I started off with the Diver Scallops.

Image of the Diver scallops at the Redeye Grill in NYC, New York

It was served with oyster mushrooms. The scallop (listen Gordon Ramsey!) was perfectly cooked with a nice sear on both sides. It had just enough salt on top and tasted fresh. The pairing with oyster mushrooms was fantastic and kind of elevated the dish.

Then, I chose the grass fed 8oz New York strip.
Image of Steak frites at the Redeye Grill in NYC, New York

They dry age the meat for 28 days to tenderize it and accentuate the flavor. I asked for a medium rare temperature and got a medium to medium well one! As I had limited time, I could not ask for another one! The steak was dry for sure and I was really not impressed by it. It was served with French fries that were however very good! Note that the only sauce available besides ketchup is A1 steak sauce: they do not have other sauces like mayonnaise.

Then came the long awaited banana cream pie!!!
Image of Banana cream pie at the Redeye Grill in NYC, New York

The piece they serve you is big! The crust is a graham cracker crust that was buttery and not too sweet at all. It was thick enough not to be lost in the overall dessert! They they have this heavenly creme patissiere that smothers the bananas and is topped by a probably homemade whipped cream. The first bite is an invitation to over indulge for sure! It is definitely freshly made and when eating it, you are not at all feeling a sugar rush. This is a hit!!!

I would probably go back to The Redeye Grill, skip the steaks (every time I went it was so so), order seafood and for sure eat that banana cream pie!!!

Enjoy (I did)!

And remember: I Just Want To Eat!
Redeye Grill on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE banana cream pie! Will definitely have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete