Burger at BRGR in NYC, New York | I just want 2 eat

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Burger at BRGR in NYC, New York

Image of Entrance of BRGR in NYC, New York
It had probably been 2 years since I went to BRGR that used to be one of my favorite burger restaurant. You probably wonder why I did not come back if it was so good. The answer is simple: there are so many places that are serving burgers now, that I really wanted to try different ones. So, I was excited to go!!!

The restaurant is still the same: two large tables at the entrance (8 seats), seats at the counter or close to it, and the tables with a very colorful banquette made of cushion that looks like buns. 
Image of the Dining room of BRGR in NYC, New York

Concerning the food, you first order at the counter and then they give you a number to identify where they have to bring the order. You can either pick the burgers they propose, or build your own. For this, you have to pick:
- the patty (grass fed beef, turkey or veggie),
- the bun (brioche or whole wheat),
- the cheese (cheddar, american...)
- the sauce (ketchup, mayo...)
- toppings (mushrooms, onions, pickles...)

Jodi got the beef patty with a brioche bun, cheddar, sauteed mushrooms and pickles.

Image of Burger with cheddar cheese at BRGR in NYC, New York

I ordered a beef patty with a brioche bun, sauteed mushrooms, ketchup and mayo. Believe it or not: I completely forgot to ask for cheese!!!
Image of Burger with ketchup and mayo at BRGR in NYC, New York

Anyway, I got some of the burger from Jodi...The meat was very good: cooked medium, it was very tasty and juicy. Unfortunately, the bun, that was not toasted and although very good, was too thick and the proportion bun / patty was at the disadvantage of the beef. 

For sides, we got fries, sweet potato fries and onion hay. 
Image of Fries, sweet potato fries and onion hay at BRGR in NYC, New York

We got in fact what they call on their menu the trio. It was pretty good and not too greasy. My favorite is definitely the onion hay!

I was a bit disappointed by the burgers at BRGR, not because of the meat, but more the brioche that kind of overshadowed the beef patty that was good. What I like though is the fact that they propose several sides. Not on the top, but still to be mentioned.

Enjoy (I did)!

And Remember: I Just Want To Eat!
Brgr on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment