Burger at Hoboken Bar & Grill in Hoboken, New Jersey | I just want 2 eat

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Burger at Hoboken Bar & Grill in Hoboken, New Jersey

Image of Entrance of Hoboken Bar and Grill in Hoboken, NJ

I was craving a burger and Hoboken, with its many, many bars, has a lot to offer. We could have gone to Five Guys, but I wanted to try something new. That is how we ended up at the Hoboken Bar & Grill on Washington street. The new part of the experience over there concerned the burger as we already ate there once. I remember that I had sliders and did not really like them because they were too dry; but I have to admit that cooking sliders is not that easy as the piece of meat is so small, it is easy to overcook it.

So here we are, in the dining room, close to the large bar. Of course, eating in a bar, the music was so loud that it was difficult to hear the conversation...

Image of Egg whites omelet at Hoboken Bar and Grill in Hoboken, NJ
So, we ordered our food. Jodi went for the egg white omelet, made with spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes and goat cheese.

There were also some fruit and potatoes. The omelet was good and there was plenty of goat cheese! However, I did not like the potatoes that were undercooked and had a weird seasoning on it. I prefer potatoes cooked all the way through and a bit crunchy!

I ordered the One pound Angus Burger.
Image of One pound angus burger at Hoboken Bar and Grill in Hoboken, NJ

I hesitated with the blue cheese burger, but decided to go to what seems to be their signature one. The burger was made with bacon, fried jalapeno, pepper jack and cheddar cheese on a brioche bun (not toasted). It came with fries, black onion rings and 3 sauces: ketchup, honey chipotle and BBQ sauce.
When the burger came, it was huge (well one pound patty...)! It had a nice and appetizing presentation with the onion rings on top of it and the three sauces. I liked the fact that there was no lettuce and tomato as I am not a big fan of it! I cut the burger into two equal portions and saw that the meat was very juicy! The first bite was divine: first, you get the softness of the bun; then the crunchiness of the bacon and the subtile heat of the fried jalapenio. Then the gooey of the cheese (nice quantity) and the taste of the char on the meat. Last is the fantastic taste of the patty that was not overpowered at all by all the components of the burger. There was no need to add any sauce to the burger and I only used the sauces to dip the fries that were ok, not exceptional. My favorite sauce was the BBQ one, but I have to say that the honey chipotle was delicious too, but spicy!
The onion rings were well done: the batter was crunchy and the onion was cooked. It was not too greasy also. 

The burger at Hoboken Bar & Grill was spectacular and well priced ($15 at the time) for a big burger! I will definitely add it to my list of best burger places!

Enjoy (I did)!

Hoboken Bar & Grill on Urbanspoon


And Remember: I Just Want To Eat!

If you like this post or the photos, feel free to share it using the toolbar below or to write a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment