Lunch at Midtown Philly Steaks in Hoboken, New Jersey | I just want 2 eat

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Lunch at Midtown Philly Steaks in Hoboken, New Jersey

Image of Midtown Philly Steaks in Hoboken, NJ - New Jersey
Why aren't cheesesteaks as popular as burgers? I do not know! Because cheesesteaks are fantastic, as long as, for me, they meet three criteria:
  • Soft bread,
  • Tender and juicy meat,
  • Lots of cheese.
I have been a big fan of cheesesteaks after I tried them at Geno's in Philly (check out my cheesesteak experience in Philly).

So we went to Midtown Philly Steaks on Washington street for lunch. The place used to be another cheesesteak joint called Philly Cheese Steak Hoboken. I never tried it, but decided to try the new one.

The place is small, with only 6 seats.
Image of Midtown Philly Steaks in Hoboken, NJ - New Jersey

Two of the seats overlooking the street.

Image of Midtown Philly Steaks in Hoboken, NJ - New Jersey

The menu offers cheesesteaks, but also chicken, salads and hoagies.
We therefore decided to try their cheese steaks

Image of Cheesesteak at Midtown Philly Steaks in Hoboken, NJ - New Jersey

and a hoagie:

Image of Sinatra hoagie at Midtown Philly Steaks in Hoboken, NJ - New Jersey

The two sandwiches, that were big, looked fantastic and very appetizing. They were made with the same soft bread. 

The cheesesteak was definitely a good choice and met the three criteria I mentioned above: soft bread, tender and juicy meat and lots of cheese. Each bite was melting in my mouth, that is great, because with either tough meat or bread, the experience would not have been pleasurable at all. 

The hoagie was the Sinatra hoagie, made with Genova salami, ham, provolone, Iceberg lettuce, tomato, Raw onions, olive oil and oregano. It tasted very fresh and all the colors of this sandwich made it look spectacular. I liked it although I would have liked a bit less iceberg lettuce. 

Midtown Philly Steaks is definitely a place to have in mind: they serve great sandwiches for a reasonable price (less then $20 for 2 sandwiches and 1 soda).

Enjoy (I did)!

Midtown Philly Steaks on Urbanspoon

 If you like this post or the photos, feel free to share it using the toolbar below or to write a comment! 

And Remember: I Just Want To Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment