Lunch at Ayza Wine and Chocolate Bar in NYC, New York | I just want 2 eat

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Lunch at Ayza Wine and Chocolate Bar in NYC, New York

Image of Ayza Wine and Chocolate Bar in NYC, New York

It has been a while since I wanted to go to Ayza Wine and Chocolate Bar; I was curious, probably because of the word Chocolate in the name.  I was imagining dishes made with chocolate like Seppi's, the restaurant that used to be at the Parker Meridien Hotel proposed in its Chocolate Brunch. I was wrong. Only desserts and drinks have this fantastic ingredient.

Anyway, we were there, one week day I was not working, so we could benefit from the lunch prix-fixe at $9.95. The place was nice and modern and the service courteous and efficient.
Image of Ayza Wine and Chocolate Bar in NYC, New York

Before we started, they brought us some bread with some tapenade, a black olive spread that was delicious and not too salty.
Image of Ayza Wine and Chocolate Bar in NYC, New York

I ate it with a sip of Coke...
Image of Lime at Ayza Wine and Chocolate Bar in NYC, New York

Jodi decided to order a salad. She ordered the Italian Fruta Mista:
Image of Italian Fruta Mista salad at Ayza Wine and Chocolate Bar in NYC, New York

The salad looked fantastic: colorful and very appetizing! It was delicious and very refreshing with all the fruits (mango and strawberries) that paired perfectly with the mozzarella.

On my side, I ordered the prix-fixe for $9.95. For a starter, I ordered the eggplant spread and for the main, a mini panini, Prosciutto Di Parma, composed of prosciutto, fresh mozzarella, aged parmesan cheese and basil. It was served with a salad. When the plate came, I was really surprised by the quantity...
Image of Eggplant puree and panini at Ayza Wine and Chocolate Bar in NYC, New York

It looked nice, but was quite small. For sure, if you have a good appetite, this is your appetizer! It was good though! The panini was crispy, however, I wish there was more stuff inside as you could barely taste the cheese. The eggplant puree was very good and tasty.

As I was still hungry and wanted to experience the chocolate part of the restaurant, we decided to order the chocolate molten cake:
Image of Chocolate molten cake at Ayza Wine and Chocolate Bar in NYC, New York

It was good and the chocolate inside was gooey. That is what I am talking about!!!

Lunch at Ayza Wine and Chocolate Bar was good but clearly not enough for me! Fortunately, we had other eating plans for the afternoon...But this is another story!

Enjoy (I did)!

Ayza Wine and Chocolate Bar on Urbanspoon

If you like this post or the photos, feel free to share it using the toolbar below or to write a comment! 

And Remember: I Just Want To Eat!

1 comment:

  1. The wood/steel industrial vibe is very upscale and modern and the bar is decorated really nicely, with soft lighting, etc. We started out with wine at the bar (the one drawback is that they don't take reservations after a certain time) which ended up being really nice. It was a great place to watch the goings on, and the bar was decorated really nicely. The wine list is fantastic, and we started out with some cheese, which was beautifully presented.

    ReplyDelete